Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Gratituesday: Mums the word!

They say you don't truly understand, until you become one yourself. I think I may have gotten it a little sooner than that, maybe because I was older then most when I became one. I'm writing about my 2 Moms for gratituesday, because this weekend I plan on posting about another very special "Mom" in our life.

I was blessed to be given such a wonderful, loving, supportive, hard-working Mother at birth. Being the middle child was a hard role for me, but I never felt that my Mom loved me any less, just had to deal with the older and younger siblings attacking me from both sides! (Yeah, I still love them!) Man, when I think about all the things my Mom sacrificed for us growing up, I'm very humbled. We didn't have a lot growing up, but we never went without, and I'm thankful for both my parents teaching us to have faith in God, and to work for our dreams. I pray that I will be as wonderful a role-model to my children as my Mother is to me.

When my Hubby and I started dating, I hadn't really given much thought to his family, but once I met them, I realized they were like mine; loving, supportive, hard-working, and welcoming! One of our first dates was to his family reunion, where I was given a "We are family" t-shirt and stuck in the family photo! Guess they liked me! My Mother-in-law is also one of those Moms who has sacrificed many things for her family through the years, and like my Mom, has worked hard to raise her family and provide them with what they needed. She'll tell you I'm her favorite Daughter-in-law. (I'm the ONLY daughter-in-law!!!)

My gratitude today is to my Mom, for loving me and always supporting me in all my craziness, and to my Mother-in-law, for raising her Son to be my perfect mate, and for welcoming me into the family, and for both Moms loving us and supporting us unconditionally.

This is one of my favorite pictures, it was taken a few days after I became a Mommy, and it was the first time our Moms met Mira. 
(Notice the Grampy's in the background, in line to wash their hands!) 

This is the first picture that was taken of Me as a Mommy. I will never forget this moment!


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

1 comment:

megan said...

Can't wait to read about the other "mom"...you already got me thinking of what I am going to talk about :-)