Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Gratituesday: A day late!

Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends.  ~Author Unknown

This was taken on a very special day for me, the day my sister finally got to meet my daughter!

 
I am so grateful for my sister! (AND not just because she bailed me out yesterday and watched my kid! ha!) 

We have always been close, but not necessarily got along. We fought constantly, ripped each others hair out, pinched/gouged/scratched, and screamed. Fought over boyfriends, she always "won". We are different flowers from the same garden. I can't imagine what my life would have been like if I grew up without her. Now that we are grown, she is my best friend. We have shared many special moments, but the most amazing was when she asked me to be in the delivery room when her daughter was born! I will never forget that, mostly because I rubbed her butt for 30 hours of labor! That amazing, miraculous moment of birth is such a special thing for a Mommy, and she allowed me to be apart of it. I am forever grateful!

  We are still opposites, but have similar goals and dreams. We talk everyday, and see each other every week. Our daughters are close in age, and will hopefully grow up to be as good of friends as we are! 

She displays strength and patience every day, even when she doesn't think she is. Her life isn't easy, but she keeps on trucking. She's the peacekeeper, devoted wife, loving mother, faithful Christian, and loyal friend I only pray that I can be. 

I wanna be just like her when I grow up! 


Join us for Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers!

No comments: